New listing! 5035 Penn St. Offered at $209,900!September 1, 2015 | by Brooke Willmes
Built for retired farmer Charles S. Snyder in 1899, this regal home once served as the clubhouse for the NFL Frankford Yellow Jackets from 1926-1931. Before the Philadelphia Eagles, the Philadelphia football team was the Yellow Jackets and they took an NFL championship while occupying this clubhouse. This magnificent piece of history is full of Victorian grandeur, lovingly restored. The exterior of this single has just been repainted and features a wrap-around porch, a side porch and an exterior back porch with roof deck. Enter the house through a vestibule with all original tile and stained glass. There is a formal parlor to the left, a study or family room with wood-burning fireplace, wood wainscoting and a formal dining room that connects to the kitchen. There are pocket doors throughout 1st floor with original pine floors. The kitchen features a commercial stove, original porcelain sink and built-in cabinetry and pantry with stainless refrigerator. There are many, many stained and leaded glass windows through the entire house and wood floors throughout. On the second floor, accessible through the grand front staircase or the servant’s staircase, there is a hall bath with original subway tile, claw foot tub and pedestal sink with linen closet. The homeowners used one bedroom as a laundry room/closet but this home could be converted back to 6 bedrooms. There are two other large bedrooms on this floor, the front of which has an original armoire and the back that leads to a roof deck. On the third floor, you’ll find three bedrooms, one of which has a bathroom through it and there is a staircase to the attic, which is insulated. The home needs some interior repainting (an old non-functioning intercom system was removed) and exterior pointing in spots.